Nominations are due by October 28, 2016
Consider nominating a colleague or yourself to join this group of thought leaders dedicated to education. The nonpartisan, 26-member Governing Board is seeking nominations for the following positions:
Four Open Positions
- Elementary School Principal
- General Public Representative (2 positions)
- Testing and Measurement Expert
How to Submit
The Governing Board requires the following information for each nominee:
- Nominating letter. This letter should state the category for which the individual is being nominated and should describe the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the Governing Board’s responsibilities regarding the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
- Full resume or curriculum vitae. A full resume or curriculum vitae is necessary to evaluate a candidate’s qualifications. Please note that a short biographical sketch is not sufficient.
- Personal statement. Submissions must include a brief statement explaining the nominee’s interest in serving on the Governing Board. This statement should not exceed 250 words and should accompany the nominating letter and resume or curriculum vitae.
The Governing Board must receive nominations no later than October 28, 2016.
Nominations may also be submitted via mail or email to:
Dr. Mary Crovo
Deputy Executive Director
National Assessment Governing Board
800 N. Capitol St. NW, Suite 825
Washington, DC 20002-4233
Voluntary Submission of Information
Pursuant to Section 302 of Public Law 107-279, the Board requests voluntarily submission via e-mail of personal information, including your name, e-mail and physical address, job title, and organization. All submitted information is used only for the expressed purposes for which it is intended and is not made available to any third party. If you have any questions on our privacy and security policies, please contact NAGB@ed.gov.